Remarks by UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab
- We want to remove the backstop
- We can do a deal at the European Council summit in October
- We have been clear on the details in talks with the EU
- The question is “will the EU meet with us” on a deal?
- Not having a second referendum on Brexit deal
Dominic Raab has been a staunch supporter of Boris Johnson and his comments here underpin the sentiment from the UK PM himself during the weekend.
The GBPUSD pair trades close to session lows @ 1.2458 as the Sterling holds weaker on the persistence of the government in achieving a no-deal Brexit.